Summer Fruits & Veggies that will get your skin GLOWING
The Summer Solstice is just a few days away! Summer is the perfect time to add (more) ripe and beautiful fruits and veggies into your diet which can help give your skin an extra boost! Some may not know that eating fruits and veggies - while maintaining your B3 skincare routine 😉 - helps your skin glow from the inside out! Below are some AMAZING food additions that give you extra benefits for glowing skin.
- Avocados are high in healthy fats which keeps your skin supple and moisturized. The antioxidants help with environmental stressors therefore, prevent aging from sun damage. It contains lots of Vitamin E which helps create collagen. Avocados have plenty of Vitamin C. This aids in collagen production, reduces texture and oxidative damage caused by the sun.
- Recommended serving size is ½ an avocado daily so get on that Avocado Toast!
- SWEET POTATOES
- Sweet Potatoes and other orange veggies such as carrots are high in Beta Carotene. This means there’s lots of Vitamin A which helps reduce oil production while healing the skin’s immune system. The antioxidants found in sweet potatoes are known for reducing environmental damage that comes with sun exposure.
- Recommended serving size is ½ a cup or 100 grams of baked sweet potato.
- RED OR YELLOW BELL PEPPERS
- Bell Peppers also have beta carotene like sweet potatoes. This vegetable is high in Vitamin A and C which are the building blocks of collagen creation. This reduces aging, keeps the skin firm and increases hydration.
- The recommended serving size is a cup of bell peppers.
- Tomatoes are an amazing source of vitamin C which we know reduces aging, repairs skin and prevents dry skin. It helps in the production of collagen. They also have Beta Carotene, Lutein and Lycopene and have been shown to increase the skin’s barrier to external damage.
- Recommended serving size is 1 cup or 20 cherry tomatoes.
- RED GRAPES, STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRIES
- All these yummy fruits have something in common- the redness of the skin. This is due to a compound called Resveratrol which is known for having lots of benefits. It helps reduce aging, prevents damage from free radicals and increases the strength of the skin’s barrier. Lastly, they contain plenty of Vitamin C.
- Recommended serving size is one cup of any of the 3.
- This fruit has lots of benefits and is always fun to eat. They are high in fiber, potassium and Vitamin K. Pomegranates also have plenty of antioxidants which reduces aging and environmental damage like dark spots. Lastly, this super fruit helps maintain existing collagen while encouraging production.
- Recommended serving size is ½ a pomegranate.
It is crazy how our lifestyles can affect our skin, so just remember to keep on with your B3 skin care routine and add these fabulous fruits and veggies to supplement all that hard work!